Got a question about an upcoming payment, or need help with your Payl8r Portal? Take a look at our frequently asked questions below, or get in touch.
Customer Support Categories
Customer Support Categories
Payl8r is a trading name of Social Money Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 675283.
To use Payl8r you must go through participating stores. You will see us online at checkout, or ask in-store. We currently do not have a shop directory, however it’s something we’re working on.
Often, the reason for a decline is that incorrect information has been entered in the credit application form. Please ensure you carefully enter all required information.
Unfortunately, we cannot give reasons for every decline but common reasons are;
- Multiple accounts in default
- Incorrect details used
- Debit card not registered to address given
- Bad status on payday loan accounts
- Failure to meet affordability criteria.
We’d recommend using our Eligibility Checker – this little form will tell you whether you qualify to use Payl8r.
In order to meet our minimum criteria you must be 18+, a UK resident, have online banking and a regular source of income. Payl8r will consider all credit types but may ask you to complete an affordability assessment through Open Banking.
Credit will be subject to affordability and credit worthiness. We’ve created an eligibility checker, this little form will tell you whether you will qualify to use Payl8r.
The Eligibility Checker is a small form that we’ve created to assess your creditworthiness and see whether you qualify to use Payl8r.
If your application is with Manual Underwriting, this usually means that it has gone to our physical team for a review and a final decision.
As soon as they have made a decision, they will be in touch, so please keep an eye on your email and mobile for further communications.
If you have not been given a decision after 12 hours, please email our support here; [email protected]
We will come back to you as soon as we can.
If you are already experiencing problems meeting existing financial commitments, please do not apply for credit. Further borrowing will only add to your commitments and repayments will commence within a month.
Yes. You must have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits and you must have online banking.
For most customers the decision is automated and takes 30 seconds after you confirm your application.
Please note: For a small majority of customers, your application may require additional information and therefore it can take longer. You will be notified by email if your application is sent for further review.
We will aim to give you a decision within 60 minutes if received between 8am-5pm Monday – Friday. If we receive your application after hours, you will hear from us the next working day.
Representative APR 127.34%
Returns and Refunds
- It is your responsibility to contact the retailer or service provider that you made your purchase from and arrange a refund or return under their refund/returns policy.
- If the retailer authorises a refund and repays Payl8r the money that was sent to them for the goods or service then we will cancel your loan agreement and you will have nothing more to pay. Anything paid thus far will be returned to you.
- Unless we are notified by a Retailer that a return or refund is in progress, we will continue to process any Automatic Payments in accordance with the dates set out in your Payment Schedule and in accordance with the FCA regulated contract between you and Payl8r.
- If the retailer does not authorise the refund or does not return the money to Payl8r, then you will be liable for the full loan agreement and instalments as set out in the FCA regulated contract between you and Payl8r.
Any disputes regarding the Refund or Return must be taken up by you and the Retailer (and not with Payl8r). Where Payl8r needs to get involved it will do its best to facilitate a fair outcome based on the evidence provided. If you are unsatisfied with the final outcome you may be able to raise a section 75 claim and should contact [email protected]
Contact the retailer you made your purchase from. The retailer will take care of the rest.
Please allow up to 10 working days for approved refunds to reach your account.
Usually it may take up to 10 working days for approved refunds to reach your account.
Products and Services
Standard loans have a 0% interest period if settled in full within 30 days. You have the right to repay the loan in its entirety within the interest free period.
If you select a plan with 0% interest then there will be no interest charged. If you select an interest bearing plan but pay within 30 days no interest will be charged.
If you select an interest bearing plan and do not settle within 30 days you will be charged interest as detailed in your loan agreement.
This will depend on the loan option you select and whether you have picked an 0% interest or interest bearing plan.
On top of your interest there will be a £2 credit check fee and a £4.95 application fee.
Please note: The credit check fee is refunded if you are approved.
It’s important you keep up to date with payments to avoid damaging your credit file.
However, we know mistakes can happen so if you do miss a payment, we’ll let you know via SMS and email, and will give you 28 days to bring your account up to date before we apply any late fees.
All late fees are detailed within your credit agreement and will be listed on the email we send to you. You can find your credit agreement in the Customer Portal here.
If you do experience financial distress or are worried about making payments on time please get in touch with our collections team who can help.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0161 425 6363
Our open hours are: 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Yes you will need a valid debit card which is connected to your main account in order for repayments to be made on time.
Yes, you can repay early at no extra cost.
To repay early you can contact our support team [email protected] or give us a call on 0161 425 6363.
Our open hours are: 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Most of the time a deposit is required however some retail partners have a 0% deposit option available.
The amount of the deposit will be detailed at the start of your application and on your summary.
The standard minimum deposit is 10%. The deposit is only taken once you have been accepted on Payl8r.
Not with our standard plans, they are fixed sum credit agreements.
If you fail to pay any amount you owe under the Credit Agreement by the date it is due you will be charged interest on that amount until you pay it.
Missing payments can also incur late fees of up to £30, if your account is not brought up to date within our 28 day grace period.
Late Fee Structure
- If we attempt to take a payment and it fails (3 per month) – £5
- If you miss a scheduled payment – £15
We will waive the above charge if you bring your account up to date within 28 days of the first fee being imposed.
We may also charge you the following standard charges in the following circumstances
- File preparation for debt collection – £30
- Unjustified Chargeback claim – £25
- If you fail to notify us of a change in address, number or email and we have to trace you – £35
- For any payment not made by CPA or Direct Debit – £10
Please refer to the Credit Agreement in your Portal for full details.
Struggling to pay? If you’re worried about missing payments, get in touch with our team as soon as possible. You can call us on 0161 425 6363 (Mon-Fri 8-6pm) or email us anytime on [email protected].
Once approved your payment plan will start with the first repayment due in 30 days. Payment will be taken from your card via CPA in a month on the date specified in your contract. The number of payments will depend on the loan term you have chosen.
You can find your credit agreement in the Customer Portal.
You have the right to cancel your credit agreement within 14 days.
- Email [email protected] OR
- Call 0161 425 6363 within 14 days and pay any outstanding balance and interest within 30 days.
Our Open Hours are: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
If you wish to cancel your purchase and get a full refund please contact the retailer.
There are certain instances where a refund is not possible such as bespoke goods, goods that have been used, your outside of the retailers refund policy or where seals have been broken. Please check the retails refund policy if you are unsure.
Login and Account Access
Best thing to do is:
- Visit our Customer Portal login page.
- Click ‘forgotten password’
- You will then be asked for your email, enter your email associated with your account.
- You will then be sent a passcode to the email address you added in – please do give it a few minutes and check your junk.
- Add this code into the verification area on the website.
Once added, this will give you the access you need to your account and to reset the password
This could be due to a number of reasons.
- Check your junk mail
- Check your internet connection, as your inbox may still need to refresh.
- Make sure, if you have multiple email accounts, that the email you provided was the one you made your Payl8r purchase with. If you can’t remember the email you used, we’d recommend searching for an order confirmation in your inbox.
- If none of the above work, please contact us.
On your customer portal, you will see your:
- Payment Schedule
- Payment dates
- Loan Balance
- Ability to change your card details
- View, correct any missed payments and fees
If you’d like to login, please sign into your customer portal here.
Fraud / Security
We use Open Banking to review your affordability for the loan. We may ask you to complete this due to any of the following:
- If you have less than perfect credit.
- The loan value is over £500.
- You are a returning customer.
- As a fraud prevention method.
You can find out more about Open Banking here.
Not as standard however sometimes, for security measures we may require a proof of ID. This will be a picture of your face holding up your ID and/or scanned copy of your ID.
Yes, we run a credit check for automatic decisioning on your application and to ensure we are lending responsibly.
If you repay your loan on time, and do not miss payments, then your credit score may improve. If you miss a payment and do not bring your account up to date within 28 days of the scheduled payment this will be reported to the credit bureau and may:
- Damage your credit file
- Affect future borrowing
- Result in legal action